2022 InterRidge Steering Committee Members
Seung-Sep Kim is an Associate Professor at Chungnam National University. He received his B.Sc. from Korea University in 2000 and M.Sc. and Ph.D in Geology and Geophysics from the University of Howai’i at Manoa in 2005 and 2010, respectively. His main research interests are in global seamount distribution from satellite-derived gravity data, hydrothermal circulation at seamounts, thermal and mechanical structure of oceanic lithosphere, geophysical inversion of potential field data, and subsurface imaging using ground penetrating radar and electrical resistivity data.
- Sandwell, D. T., Goff, J. A., Gevorgian, J., Harper, H., Kim, S.-S., Yu, Y., et a. (2022). Improved bathymetric prediction using geological information: SYNBATH. Earth and Space Science, 9, e2021EA002069. https://doi.org/10.1029/2021EA002069
- Choi, H., Kim, S.-S.*, & Park, S.-H. (2021). Magnetic Constraints on Off-axis Seamount Volcanism in the Easternmost Segment of the Ausalian-Antarctic Ridge. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, 22, e2020GC009576. https://doi.org/10.1029/2020GC009576
- Morrow, T. A., Mittelstaedt, E., & Kim, S.-S. (2019). Are segmented fracture zones weak? Analytical and numerical models constrain anomalous bathymetry at the Clarion and Murray fracture zones. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 512, 214-226. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsl.2019.02.010
- Park, S.-H., Langmuir, C. H., Sims. K. W. W., Blichert-Toft, J., Kim. S.-S., Scott, S. R. (2019) An isotopically distinct Zealandia-Antarctic mantle domain in the Southern Ocean. Nature Geoscience, 12(3), 206-214. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41561-018-0292-4
- Choi, H., Kim, S.-S.*, Dyment, J., Granot, R., Park, S.-H., & Hong, J. K. (2017) The kinematic evolution of the Macquarie Plate: A case study for the fragmentation of oceanic lithosphere. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 478, 132-142. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsl.2017.08.035