2022 InterRidge Steering Committee Members
Chinese Representative (2013 -), InterRidge Co-Chair (2013-2015, with John Chen)
Second Institute of Oceanography, Ministry of Natural Resources, China
Jiabiao Li is the Director of the Second Institute of Oceanography, Ministry of Natural Resources, China, and Vice-President of the Chinese Society for Oceanography. He is an Academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering and has long been engaged in the researchers of submarine geosciences and engineering. He heads a series of Chinese National Science Programs which are focused on mid-ocean ridges, marginal seas, subduction zones and seabed mineral resources, and led many cruises in the Western Pacific, Southwest India Ridge and even Arctic Gakkel Ridge. Holding a BS Degree in Geology, MS Degree in Marine Geology and PhD in Marine Geophysics (resp. 1983, 1989 and 2001), he is the author of more than 80 scientific publications, 6 books, received 2 National Science and Technology Awards, supervised 12 PhD theses. He was a Co-chair of InterRidge (2013-2015), and a Member of the Site Characteristics Panel (2011-2013) and Science Evaluation Panel (2013-2016) of IODP. He is a founding chairman of ISO/TC8/SC13 Marine Technology (2014-), and also advisory members of the Geosciences Department of National Natural Science Foundation of China and the Ocean Sciences Department of Chinese Academy of Society.
- Li Jiabiao, Ding Weiei, Lin Jian, Xu Yigang, Kong Fangsheng, Li Sanzhong, Huang Xiaolong, Zhou Zhiyuan. Dynamic processes of the curved subduction system in Southeast Asia: A review and future perspective. Earth-Science Reviews, 2021, 217: 103647.
- Li, J., Jian, H., Chen, Y. J., Singh, S.C., Ruan, A., Qiu, X., …& Zhang, J. Seismic observation of an extremely magmatic accretion at the ultraslow spreading Southwest Indian Ridge. Geophysical Research Letters, 2015, 42(8), 2656-2663.
- Fansheng Kong, Stephen Gao, Kelly Liu, Yinxia Fang, Hejun Zhu, Robert J. Stern, Jiabiao Li. Metastable olivine within oceanic lithosphere in the uppermost lower mantle beneath the eastern United States, Geology, 2022.
- Zhang Jie, Li Jiabiao, Ruan Aiguo, Ding Weiwei, Niu Xiongwei, Wang Wei, Tan Pingchuan, Wo Zhenli, Yu Zhiteng, Wei Xiaodong, Zhao Yanghui, Zhou Zhiyuan. Seismic Structure of a Post-spreading Seamount Emplaced on the Fossil Spreading Center in the Southwest Sub-basin of the South China Sea. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 2020, 125(10):e2020JB019827.
- Ding, W., Li, J., Wu, Z., Li, S., & Lin, X. Late Mesozoic transition from Andean 0 type to western Pacific -type of the East China continental margin – is the East China Sea basement an allochthonous terrain? Geological Journal, 2017, doi:10.1002/gj.3029
- Kong Fansheng, Gao Stephen S., Liu Kelly H., Ding Weiwei, Li Jiabiao. Slab Dehydration and Mantle Upwelling in the Vicinity of the Sumatra Subduction Zone: Evidence from Receiver Function Imaging of Mantle Transition Zone Discontinuities. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 2020, 125(9): e2020JB019381.
- Z Yu, J Li, X Niu, R Nicolas, R Aiguo, W Wang, H Hao, X Wei, Z Jie, Y Liang. Lithospheric Structure and Tectonic Processes Constrained by Microearthquake Activity at the Central Ultraslow-Spreading Southwest Inidan Ridge (49.2º to 50.8ºE), Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 2018. DOI: 10.1029/2017JB015367