Boston Logan (BOS), Boston, MA - Most national and international airlines operate from Boston Logan (see website for full listing) and is the closest and most convenient airport to the Cape. Ground transportation is easy and convenient, all major car rental companies operate out of Logan and there is also a regular bus service to and from Woods Hole (see below).
Theodore Francis Green State Airport (PVD), Providence, RI - A number of national (and international) airlines operate out of TF Green airport, and crowds can be less than at Logan. Many car rental companies operate out of TF Green.
The Peter Pan / Bonanza Bus
Operates a regular bus service between Boston Logan International and Woods Hole on weekdays and weekends.
There is also service between Woods Hole and TF Green Airport, although at a limited number of times per day.
Check the website for updated schedules.
Note: If your flight arrives late at night, there is another bus service that can get you to Cape Cod: Plymouth and Brockton. However, you'd have to get off the bus at Sagamore and then take a taxi to Woods Hole.
Go Green Shuttle Service
"A personal door-to-door environmentally responsible car service"
Van-Go Transport and Courier
Buzzards Bay, MA 02532
Phone: (508) 759-7203 or (877) 336-3500 (Toll Free)
Van-Go provides door to door transportation to and from Logan and/or Green Airport. Ideal for ride sharing.
From Boston Logan
- When leaving the airport head for I-93S
- Follow signs for Cape Cod and merge onto MA-3S
- After ~50miles, exit onto MA-6 west towards Buzzards Bay (do not go over the Sagamore Bridge),
- At the rotary in Buzzards Bay take the first right towards MA-28S and go over the Bourne Bridge,
- Go straight through the rotary at the end of the bridge, follow MA-28S
- Go straight through the roundabout at Otis, keeping on MA-28S
- Follow MA-28S into Falmouth,
- MA-28S will turn right (west) and become Woods Hole Road,
- Woods Hole is at the end of Woods Hole Rd (4 miles from Falmouth).
From TF Green
- Start out going west on airport connector road
- Merge onto I-95N towards Providence
- Take exit 20 to I-195E towards East Providence/Cape Cod
- Take exit 22A to MA-25E towards Cape Cod
- MA-25E becomes MA-28S
- Go over Bourne Bridge and roundabout, continue on MA-28S
- Follow MA-28S into Falmouth
- Continue on MA-28S, will turn right and become Woods Hole Road
- Follow road into Woods Hole.